To protect and promote the spirit and substance of the work of Sir Edwin Lutyens OM
A simple obelisk, similar in many respects to the memorial at Southend (see February 2015) but with the only ornamentation being the finely carved regimental badge.
It was originally intended that, like many other similar memorials, the OBLI Memorial would be sited close to the regimental barracks (in this case, at Bullingdon Green). However it was not possible to acquire a suitable site so it was sited instead on Rose Hill, on land donated by Christchurch College. The location was specifically chosen so that the memorial could be seen against the sky.
It was unveiled on Remembrance Day 1923 by the Regimental Colonel, Major-General Sir John Hanbury-Williams GCVO, KCB, CMG.
Location: At junction of Rose Hill and Church Cowley Road, Cowley, Oxford OX4 3JR